Sunday, January 27, 2013

New beginings

This is it.
I have had this idea to start a blog for over a month now
and I am now finally getting to it.
Let me start at the beginning of my story.
I was 22 years old
AND I tipped the scale at 191 lbs.
 
October 2008 (I look freakin' pregnant!)

I know how I got here...
It was a lot of eating, eating, not exercising and eating.
It began when my mom got a new job while I was still in high school.
We went from having a good amount of homemade dinners
to eating out every single night.
Then I went to college where I would eat a lot of McDonald's
and ramen noodles.
While in college I was on the drill team and dance company
so I did have some exercise to keep off some of the weight.
From there I was employed at the zoo
where I ate a Granny B's sugar cookies
(4 servings with 210 cal/serving)
and a 20 oz Dr. Pepper
every morning.
That's if I had enough money to pay for it.
I also skipped a lot of breakfasts.
During those 2 years I also found a new love of energy drinks.
Then I was hired at the surgical center with IHC.
I started eating about 5 packages of Oreos
(2 per packet)
a day.
That's 10 Oreos a day!!!
On top of all of this I had moved in and out of my parents home
but had finally ended up back home and eating out every night again.
By spring 2009 I knew something had to change if I was EVER gonna be happy with myself.
My mom and I joined Weight Watchers.
Best decision I could have ever made for myself.
I lost 27 lbs by the time I met my husband.


Fast forward 1 1/2 year. My husband and I decided to have a baby.
Fast forward again 9 months...
I had a goal to only gain the minimum 25 lbs
but, unfortunatly gained nearly 40.
I wasn't so disappointed in myself
because I knew I had a whole lot of ice cream during my pregnancy.
The best was losing 20 of it the first week after having my baby!
Since then I have been fighting to lose the weight
I am happy to say that I have surpassed my prepregnancy weight!!!


Here I am now at 151 lbs.

I am not completely happy with the way I look
I know that I have come a long, long way
but I still have a long way to go.
This is why I am starting this blog.
I hope to be inspiring to other people out there struggling to lose weight
and be healthy.
I still have about 16 more pounds to lose before I hit my goal weight.
Its probably going to be THE hardest 16 lbs
to lose.
But I am committed.
Are YOU?
Lets do it together!





3 comments:

  1. Sarah I love this! You are a great inspiration. Love you girl you can accomplish anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in! I still have about 10 pounds to lose to be at my goal/per-pregnancy weight and I know it's going to be tough . Thanks for the inspiration! You look great:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah; you are such a cutie! You are doing great and look great! I have heard weight watchers is a great program. I will probably end up doing it after this baby. You should try some weight lifting with your program if you aren't yet; it's kind of like cheating. You get smaller and tighter without losing 'weight.' Can't wait to see all your awesome ideas!

    ReplyDelete